by Francis Frangipane
I love Francis Frangipane’s writing. His gentle but uncompromising commitment to humility and the servant lifestyle just grips me. He carries the authority to be able to say the things he does, because he has been through the fire and allowed the heat to refine him.
The Shelter of the Most High is a book about intimacy with God and dwelling under His protective covering through prioritizing relationship with Him. It gives deep insight into what it means to cease striving in our own strength and truly enter into the rest of God (Hebrews 4). Basically, it’s a book about what the Christian life was always meant to be.
Here are a few quotes:
- God has always been more concerned with the condition of our hearts than the activity of our hands. What we become to Him is far more consequential than all we will ever do for Him.
- He will not fight for our attention; He must be sought. He will not startle us; He must be perceived …. We must learn to see Him Who is unseen.
- Before the Lord is through with us, the way of Christ will be more than something we know; it will be something we instinctively choose in the midst of temptation or battle. This is where we graduate into the power of God.
- Rescue is the constant pattern of God’s activity.
- [God] intends to make your life a key that unlocks God’s shelter for others.
- Our primary purpose in life must be to abide in Christ. Otherwise, we can become so consumed with the deteriorating condition of the world that we fail to see the deteriorating condition of our own soul.
Other concepts revealed:
- If we know God, we are in companionship with Him. If we are companioned with Him, He sees to it that we dwell in His rest. God’s rest means we are not fretting or striving to work. God works in us, with us, and surrounding us.
- When we grasp Who God is, we enter into a place of spiritual immunity. We receive into ourselves the victory Jesus won for us — oneness with God in Christ.
- Seeking and finding God is our end-all purpose and goal.
- In the abiding place we are fascinated with Jesus, fastened on Him, guided by His voice, surrounded by His love, sheltered from distresses and distractions.
- To Him, the voice of our weak prayers is sweet. We are lovely to Him.
- The secret place of the Most High is not only a place of shelter, but also of restoration.
- We come to a place where we can carry out our spiritual warfare from our position in the shelter of the Most High.
I highly recommend The Shelter of the Most High as essential reading for any Christian who desires to live an overcoming life in Christ from a place of absolute security and safety. If you long to go deeper in relationship with the Lord, absorbing the keys presented in this book will help you to get there.